Thursday, April 17, 2014

Short Stories and Sharing

5 Things to Brighten Your Day
Despite the BS that May Get in Your Way


1.  It's Thursday, so that means Short Story Thursday!  Author Jacob Tomsky emails you one public domain short story every week on Thursdays.  I like to think of it as my weekly shot of high brow literature.  Most of the time the stories are rather bleak, but sometimes they are pretty funny or unusual.  Plus, Tomsky gives a commentary that is often plagued with profanity and sarcasm, so that brings the high brow literature right down to my level.  If you want to sign up, check out his website, but seriously, if profanity bothers you, check out a different blog.

2.  Thursdays are also my resistance training days.  It's just 10 minutes of hanging out with a grad assistant and chatting while doing some basic stretches, but it breaks up the morning.

3.  Want to know the best part about maternity pants?  There's no zipper so you never have to wonder if you zipper is down!  Just one less thing to think about.

4.  Potato chips and cottage cheese.  You might think this is a crazy pregnancy thing, but I've been using cottage cheese as a dip for my chips since I was like five.  It's delicious.

5.  Doug's reaction to the food in our fridge lately.  I've been buying lots of pre-cut fruit and random juice and other such things that I don't normally buy.  And Doug's been asking permission to eat or drink them.  Last week he even said "Wow, who's root beer is that?"  Um, ours.  It's our house, our fridge.  But he knows the rules of ownership in marriage:  What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine and what's ours is mine, so he asks.  I've assured him that he can have whatever he wants in the fridge though.

That's what's making me smile today!

No comments:

Post a Comment