Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Five Things: Soccer and Date Night

5 Things to Brighten Your Day
Despite the BS that May Get in Your Way

1. Only two weeks until my due date!  Or, three weeks until my doctor takes pity on me and induces me.  One way or another, I'm getting a July baby!

2.  I'm loving the World Cup.  It's such a great way to spend the afternoon, with ESPN Gamecast open next to my spreadsheets.  But yesterday I had to stream the game live--I just couldn't believe the beat down Germany gave to Brazil.  Don't mess with the motherland!

3.  I scored a great galley on NetGalley this week and I can't wait to start it.  Covert reading time is seriously in my future.  I'll have to do some serious multi-tasking to read it and stay on top of todays Argentina-Netherlands match up.

4.  When you live in a small town, the morning news mostly consists of farm reports and municipal meetings, so I've started watching Boy Meets World everyday at 6:00 am.  Doug just rolls his eyes at me, but then I remind him that it's better than my watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer at 6:00 am and having nightmares.

5.  Doug has a happy hour meeting today, so I'm meeting him for a dinner date afterwork.  These days are numbered so I plan to enjoy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment