Friday, May 8, 2015

What's in My Bag


I've always liked a big bag.  I'm kinda a hoarder when it comes to my purse, especially when it comes to my everyday bag.  Now that I am a mom, it think it's getting worse, but when I dumped out my giant Bella Tunno shift sack, I discovered that it wasn't as bad as I thought.  I think all of these things would have been in my bag a year ago, except that now I do the bag-in-a-bag thing.  Let's break it down.

1.  Giant Bella Tunno Shift Sack--why did they stop making these?  Doug bought me this one on Amazon and I can honestly say that I want another one.  It's huge but not bulky and the material is just perfect for a beach bag.  And so far it's been great for tossing in books, my lunch bag, and stacks of mail.  This is actually the least amount of stuff it has seen recently.

2.  Rubber charity and teething bracelets.  With two teeth down and I don't know how many to go, Ali constantly needs a teether, and I'm probably terrible for letting her chew on those old charity bracelets, but she loves them.  These are on top of a Kate Spade jewelry pouch.  I don't know why that's in there, but I put it back so it must serve some purpose.

3.  Banana Republic shopping bag.  Since it folds up so small, I take it with my everywhere as a just in case bag.

4.  Norwex eyeglass cleaning scarf.  This little beauty does a great job of cleaning glasses and cell phones and can be clipped on your purse as a fun accessory.  But mine is just shoved in the cross body bag most days.

5.  Sunglasses.  I'm hard on sunglasses, so these are from the Dollar Store.  But I have had them for well over a year, so maybe that's where I should get all my sunglasses.

6.  Notebooks.  One notebook for lists and notes, the other for my 5 Things to Brighten Your Day lists.

7.  Random things that fall to the bottom of my cross body.  Found here are ink pens, lip balm (I was a huge Burt's Bees girl, but this Blistex Naturals stuff is my new favorite), hand sanitizer, stick drives.  I always have these two stick drives with me-one for pictures and one for book reviews.

8.  Small necessities bag.  Advil, nail clippers and file, lotion, bobby pins, eye roller, etc.

9.  Kate Spade wallet, which imagine is just as messy on the inside as my purse!

10.  Black nylon cross body bag.  I'm in the market for a new bag.  This one is a tad too small to hold my wallet, so that is my minimum-I need something that can hold a full size wallet.  And I would prefer nylon.  I'm over fake leather.

11.  Kleenexes because someone always has a runny nose.

12.  Hairbrush

13.  Eyeglass case.  If I wear my contacts to work, I usually take my glasses just in case I can't take anymore.  With allergy season kicking my booty, plus 8 hours in front of a computer, I'm all glasses right now.

14.  Another girl necessities bag.  You know what I mean, but it also has some makeup in it too.

That's it, that's all, for today anyway.  I do love this bag because I can keep tossing stuff in it and then just grab my cross body for shopping or running a quick errand.  Maybe someday I'll show you the crazy that is my baby bag.  Now that's a mess and a half!



No comments:

Post a Comment